Kiddiwinks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kiddiwinks

Happy Year From The Kiddiwinks Team!!!!!

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:53 pm

Top posters

*Claire* (16395)
Slimming World Tortilla Baskets I_vote_lcapSlimming World Tortilla Baskets I_voting_barSlimming World Tortilla Baskets I_vote_rcap 
*Anna* (9545)
Slimming World Tortilla Baskets I_vote_lcapSlimming World Tortilla Baskets I_voting_barSlimming World Tortilla Baskets I_vote_rcap 
lisa84 (6488)
Tasha (5279)
Mandy (3803)
Hayley (2158)
Nikki (2014)
*Davinia* (1655)
Marie (1274)
shona (787)

Slimming World Tortilla Baskets

Tasha
    Tasha
    5000 Posts
    5000 Posts

Slimming World Tortilla Baskets Empty Slimming World Tortilla Baskets

Post by Tasha Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:08 am

You can buy fresh corn and wheat soft tortillas in most supermarkets. In this recipe, they are moulded into baskets, then filled with a fresh, sizzling salsa and salad - a perfect lunch for hot summer days.
    information

Serves: 4
    Prep time: 15 minutes
    Cook time: 8-10 minutes
    Syns per serving:
    Extra Easy4.5Original4.5green4.5
    ingredients

4 x 28g/1oz soft tortillas
    a few crisp salad leaves
    6 radishes, sliced
    6 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
    1 yellow pepper, grilled, deseeded and sliced
    227g/8oz fat-free natural cottage cheese
    torn fresh coriander or flat-leaf parsley, to garnish

For the dressing:
    juice and grated zest of 1 large orange
    1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
    a few coriander leaves, chopped

For the hot salsa:
    2 garlic cloves
    3 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
    ½ red onion, finely chopped
    1 small red pepper, roasted, skinned, deseeded and finely chopped
    1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
    2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
    juice of ½ lime
    method

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Put each tortilla in a Yorkshire pudding mould which has been sprayed with a little Fry Light. Press the tortillas down into the moulds to make a basket shape. Bake in the centre of the oven for 8-10 minutes, until crisp and golden. Keep an eye on them to check that they do not over-brown. Remove and cool.

2. Blend the salsa and dressing ingredients and set aside while you prepare the salad. In a bowl, mix together the salad leaves, radishes, cherry tomatoes and strips of grilled pepper. Toss gently in the dressing until well coated.

3. Divide the salad between the tortilla baskets, top with a large spoonful of cottage cheese and some salsa. Sprinkle with torn coriander or flat-leaf parsley.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:21 pm