Kiddiwinks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kiddiwinks

Happy Year From The Kiddiwinks Team!!!!!

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:53 pm

Top posters

*Claire* (16395)
Slimming World Meatball Curry I_vote_lcapSlimming World Meatball Curry I_voting_barSlimming World Meatball Curry I_vote_rcap 
*Anna* (9545)
Slimming World Meatball Curry I_vote_lcapSlimming World Meatball Curry I_voting_barSlimming World Meatball Curry I_vote_rcap 
lisa84 (6488)
Tasha (5279)
Mandy (3803)
Hayley (2158)
Nikki (2014)
*Davinia* (1655)
Marie (1274)
shona (787)

Slimming World Meatball Curry

Tasha
    Tasha
    5000 Posts
    5000 Posts

Slimming World Meatball Curry Empty Slimming World Meatball Curry

Post by Tasha Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:09 am

Kofta means meatballs in the Indian language and in this recipe beef meatballs are cooked in a smooth, spicy sauce to make a warming supper. You can use any form of lean mince that you prefer as a substitute to the beef.
    information

Serves: 4
    Prep time: 15 minutes
    Cook time: 25 minutes
    Syns per serving:
    Extra EasyFREEOriginalFREEgreen11
    ingredients

681g/1lb 8oz extra-lean minced beef
    2 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger
    2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
    2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp mild or medium chilli powder
    salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 tsp tumeric
    2 tbsp medium curry powder
    500ml carton passata
    ¼ tsp artificial sweetener

To Serve
    fat-free natural yogurt
    chilli powder
    mint leaves
    method

1. Place the minced beef in a mixing bowl along with the ginger, garlic, fennel, cinnamon and chilli powder. Season and, using your hands, mix thoroughly until well combined. From the mixture into small, walnut-sized balls and set aside.

2. Place the tumeric, curry powder, passata and sweetener in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, season well and carefully place the meatballs in the sace. Cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes, turning the meatballs occassionally, until they are cooked through.

3. Remove from the heat and serve drizzled with fat-free natural yogurt, sprinkled with a pinch of chilli powder and garnished with fresh mint leaves.

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:48 am