Kiddiwinks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kiddiwinks

Happy Year From The Kiddiwinks Team!!!!!

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:53 pm

Top posters

*Claire* (16395)
Slimming World Haddock I_vote_lcapSlimming World Haddock I_voting_barSlimming World Haddock I_vote_rcap 
*Anna* (9545)
Slimming World Haddock I_vote_lcapSlimming World Haddock I_voting_barSlimming World Haddock I_vote_rcap 
lisa84 (6488)
Tasha (5279)
Mandy (3803)
Hayley (2158)
Nikki (2014)
*Davinia* (1655)
Marie (1274)
shona (787)

Slimming World Haddock

Tasha
    Tasha
    5000 Posts
    5000 Posts

Slimming World Haddock Empty Slimming World Haddock

Post by Tasha Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:59 am

For a perfectly relaxed family weekend brunch, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare and wonderfully tasty.
    information

Serves: 4
    Prep time: 45 minutes
    Cook time:
    Syns per serving:
    Extra EasyFREEOriginal10greenFREE*
    (*Add 6 Syns per serving if not using haddock as a Healthy Extra )
    ingredients

567g/1lb 4oz skinned haddock fillets
    1 red onion
    227g/8oz long grain rice
    1 bay leaf
    2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
    juice of ½ lemon
    a couple of good pinches of cayenne pepper
    salt and freshly ground black pepper
    2 hard boiled eggs
    method

1. Poach the haddock fillets in simmering water for about 8 minutes. Drain off the water into a measuring jug and top up to 600ml/20fl oz with water. Flake the haddock and keep warm.

2. Finely chop the onion and place in a large pan, pour in 113ml/4fl oz of the reserved fish liquor and cook for 15 minutes until soft. Add the rice, bay leaf and remaining fish liquor. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is soft.

3. Stir in the flaked haddock, parsley, lemon juice and cayenne pepper, season to taste and serve with quartered hard-boiled eggs.

Tip: For a spicy kedgeree, add 1 tsp each of mild curry powder and turmeric.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 am